Top 10 Amazing Honey Benefits for Skin!
We are often told that the secret to great skin is staying away from sweet things. But, what if we tell you that there’s one sweet treat that your skin will absolutely love?
Yes, you guessed that right! – we are talking about consuming and using honey for skin benefits.
If you ask beauty experts about using honey for skin benefits, they’ll tell you that it’s a great idea. This is mainly because honey is filled with nutrients that help your skin glow, grow softer, fight acne, combat the effects of certain skin conditions (like psoriasis and eczema), and a lot more.
If fact, way before cosmetic beauty treatments dominated the markets, people relied on honey and other natural ingredients from their pantry in order to improve their skin.
So, without further ado, we’re going to tell you why you should use honey for skin benefits!
Top 10 honey benefits for skin
1. Honey can help you clear acne!
Honey is filled with amino acids that are great for your skin. This is because these nutrients can boost your skin’s ability to regenerate, thereby impacting its overall elasticity. You can simply add a spoonful of honey to your tea each morning to watch help your skin become plumper and fresh looking.
If you’re wondering about how to apply honey for skin benefits related to acne, note that you can always spot-treat with honey and turmeric. Honey has anti-bacterial properties that can help combat the spread of acne.
2. Honey can help you combat signs of aging!
One of the most widely-known benefits of consuming a spoonful of honey daily is that it helps fight oxidative stress on your skin. This is because honey is filled with antioxidants that don’t just combat free radicals in your body but also help reduce the visible signs of aging on your skin.
Another major advantage of consuming honey daily is that it has high levels of melatonin, which can help you sleep better. As a result, you’re less likely to have bags under your eyes from a night of tossing and turning! If you’re a working professional who toils away late into the night, use honey for skin benefits like appearing fresh and well-rested!
3. Honey helps you work out more effectively!
Now, you’re probably wondering why we’re talking about working out in an article about using honey for skin benefits. The truth is that regular workouts can help detoxify your body. They also improve blood circulation, which leads to better oxygenation of the skin and more nutrients being absorbed by the body.
How is this related to honey?
Honey has high levels of healthy carbohydrates that help you boost your endurance and ensure you have the energy to work out every day. With better blood circulation, your skin produces more collagen, which helps produce new skin cells and keeps you looking younger. It also helps combat wrinkles and signs of aging by making the skin firmer.
4. Honey helps you fade acne scars!
If you’ve ever had acne, you know how annoying those scars can be. One of the best ways to treat acne scars is by consuming honey. In fact, amongst the many reasons to have honey for skin benefits, this one is one of the most commonly sought-after home remedies.
Honey can help boost your body’s ability to heal wounds and regenerate cells. In order for acne scars to fade, your skin in the affected area must be restored to its original health. Even though adding a spoonful of honey to your diet daily does help fade scars, you should keep in mind that the treatment can take a while for measurable results.
5. Honey can help you beat oily skin!
Many people don’t realize that oily skin occurs because your skin is undernourished and needs to produce more sebum to compensate. Therefore, one of the best ways to deal with oily skin is by moisturizing it well.
You can use honey for skin benefits like decreasing the production of sebum. This is because of honey functions as a humectant, which means that it helps your skin absorb more moisture. You can either consume honey daily or apply a honey mask to your face to help nourish your skin and say goodbye to the excess oil!
6. Honey can help reduce large pores!
Like oily skin, large pores occur due to a lack of nourishment. Your pores open up because they want to absorb the moisture that your skin so desperately needs. However, in doing so, they are also susceptible to getting clogged, developing blackheads, and even getting acne.
Use honey for skin benefits like hydration in order to reduce the appearance of large, open pores. Once your skin receives the nourishment it needs, your pores will close automatically, thereby improving the overall texture of your skin, and also reducing the chances of random acne.
7. Honey can help calm acid reflux!
Acid reflux is a condition in which the acidic contents of your stomach move back into the food pipe, leading to the sensation of burning, and sometimes even throwing up. Honey has a very dense texture and it protects your food pipe from the burning effects of acidity and acid reflux.
How is this related to your skin?
Severe acid reflux can sometimes compromise the immune system and lead to inflammation of the skin as a response to the acidity. By consuming honey every day, you not only can get rid of your acidity levels but can also thereby soothe the overall appearance of your skin. Always keep in mind that everything in our body is connected to one another, and often, taking care of one irritant can cancel out another!
In a similar vein, honey is also known for its probiotic properties that help improve gut health. This allows your body to absorb more nutrition from the food you eat (along with the honey itself), which helps boost the health of your skin.
Thus, you can have honey for skin benefits, along with benefits related to your digestive system.
8. Honey can help your skin glow!
Adding a spoonful of honey to your yogurt every day can help make your skin glow. This is because, as mentioned earlier, honey is a humectant, which means it draws more moisture into your skin. As a result, it helps your skin exude a natural glow.
When you use honey for skin benefits, you can throw away that highlighter in your makeup kit because you surely won’t be needing it!
9. Honey can help with skin brightening!
There’s a reason why brides are always clamoring for a honey facial right before the D-Day! Honey can help you naturally brighten your complexion so that it looks its best. Now, instead of rushing to a salon for a treatment, we recommend you eat a spoonful of honey day to let your skin naturally brighten over time.
In case you’re short of time, you can always use a honey and tomato face mask to get rid of your tan and exfoliate your skin.
10. Honey can help with mild dermatological conditions!
Finally, if you suffer from mild eczema or psoriasis, and want to know about home remedies that can help you reduce the appearance of the same, then why not give honey a try? Use honey for skin benefits related to its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, which can help reduce the spread of such conditions.
Additionally, honey also has anti-inflammatory properties and this can help it reduce the redness of a recent breakout! Again, you can choose to apply honey topically on the affected area, or can consume it daily for a balanced approach to your wellness!
Frequently Asked Questions About using Honey for Skin Benefits!
Q: What will happen if I eat honey every day?
Eating honey every day can help you boost your overall health, skin, and even hair! In terms of eating honey for skin benefits daily, you can expect results like:
- Glowing skin
- Reduced acne
- Better hydration
- Reduced wrinkles and fine lines
- Reduced inflammation
- Even skin complexion
- Lightening of scars
- Fewer open pores
- Plumper, fresher skin
Q: How to ensure you consume the right kind of honey for skin benefits?
Always pick raw, unpasteurized honey in order to get the most benefits from it. This is because unpasteurized honey retains all its potent nutrients, and does not have added chemicals that may cause an adverse reaction to your skin.
EiwaHoney’s line of honey products only includes 100% organic honey that is sourced ethically.
Q: How much honey is safe to eat daily?
If you’re planning to eat honey for skin benefits daily, it’s important not to go overboard. Do not exceed two tablespoons of honey every day.
Q: How can I eat honey daily?
Eating honey (benefits for skin are endless) by incorporating it into your diet is quite simple. You can add a spoonful of honey to your morning tea every day, and reap the benefits of this lovely ingredient!
Here are 20 every day recipe ideas to replace sugar with honey – use these to enjoy the benefits of eating honey for skin and hair!
Q: Why is honey good for your skin?
One of the most commonly asked questions happens to be ‘is honey good for skin?’. Honey offers a range of benefits, which is why skin care experts also recommend different uses of honey for skin. Here are some of the honey benefits for skin:
- Lightens pigmentation and dark spots
- Helps skin absorb more moisture, which goes a long way in helping it look smooth and soft
- Helps skin glow from the inside, giving it a healthy look
- Reduces inflammation on the skin and is good for dermatological problems like eczema and psoriasis.
- Banishes acne as well as acne scars.
- Reduces the sebum production on the skin, which is why it is recommended for people with oily skin and combination skin
Q: How to use honey for skin?
There are many different ways to use honey for skin. You can create a face pack using honey in order to benefit from all its properties. Here are a few different face pack ideas that are based on different skin types:
- Honey face pack for oily skin: If you have oily skin, then you need a face pack that not only removes the excess oil, but hydrates your skin so that it stops producing so much sebum. Take a bowl and mix two tablespoons of multani mitti or fuller’s earth along with a tablespoon of honey. Mix them together until it forms a paste-like consistency. Apply this pack to your face and let it sit for at least 20 minutes. You can then wash off the pack with the help of mild water and a mild cleanser. You should do this at least 2-3 times in a week.
- Honey face pack for dry skin: If you have dry skin, then you need all the moisture you can get. Luckily, honey improves the skins ability to retain moisture, making it a great ingredient for those who want to use honey for skin benefits. You should create a face pack made of milk, multani mitti and honey in order to hydrate your skin. If you don’t want to use milk, you can substitute it for rose water as it functions as a hydrating toner. Just mix a tablespoon of fuller’s earth, a few spoonfuls of milk/rose water and a tablespoon of honey. In case the mixture is too watery, you can add more multani mitti as per your requirements. The final consistency should be quite thick, like pancake batter. Apply this pack to your face and let it sit for at least 15-20 minutes. You can then wash off the pack with the help of mild water and a mild cleanser. You should do this at least 2-3 times in a week.
- Honey face pack for acne prone skin: if you have acne prone skin, then you have two problems to combat. The first is that your skin has regular acne flare-ups, of course, and the second is that the acne leaves behind unsightly spots and scars on the face. What honey does for your skin is that it helps with both – it makes sure that the bacteria that causes acne is killed and it also lightens the scars left behind by acne. If you’re wondering ‘is honey good for skin allergy’ then note that it is honey’s anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that help calm down skin irritations, which is why you can use a honey face pack to combat the same. To create a face pack that can help your acne prone skin, you need to combine a tablespoon of honey with a few drops of lemon and a spoonful of turmeric. These ingredients are very good for acne. Apply this pack to your face and let it sit for at least 20-25 minutes. You can then wash off the pack with the help of mild water and a mild cleanser. You should do this at least 2-3 times in a week.
- Honey lip balm for chapped lips: Finally, if you have chapped lips, especially during the winter season, why not try using honey to soothe and moisturize the skin? If you’re wondering “is honey good for lips?” note that it can help prevent cracked lips from getting infections, speed up wound healing, and make your lips baby soft. With so many benefits, giving a honey lip balm a try is a no brainer!
Q: Is pure honey good for your skin?
Yes – pure honey is the best type of honey to use for your skin. This is because when honey brands collect the honey and then put it through processing, the honey ends up losing some of its nutrients. In other words, the mixture itself is not as potent as it can be. As a result, it does not offer your skin the same benefits as pure honey. Additionally, adulterated honey contains added sugars which can cause more acne and inflammation.
Q: What are the honeycomb uses for skin?
If you want to enjoy benefits of honey on skin care, then you can also get honeycombs. Honeycomb uses for skin are exactly the same as regular honey – they help fight acne, inflammation, dryness, oiliness, and pigmentation.
Q: What does honey do for the skin?
Still wondering what does honey do for the skin? Well, there are many honey benefits for skin that we’ve discussed in this article. These include:
- Honey can help you clear acne!
- Honey can help you combat signs of aging!
- Honey helps you work out more effectively!
- Honey helps you fade acne scars!
- Honey can help you beat oily skin!
- Honey can help reduce large pores!
- Honey can help calm acid reflux!
- Honey can help your skin glow!
- Honey can help with skin brightening!
- Honey can help with mild dermatological conditions!
To know more about exactly why and honey can help with these things, scroll up and read everything we’ve listed!
Q: What is the best honey for skin?
Now that you know the different honey benefits for skin, you’re probably wondering what is the best honey for skin! The answer is simple – it’s any of EiwaHoney’s flavours! Have a look at our skin and hair pack to know more about this.
Benefits of Honey For Your Skin Video: