How to use Ajwain honey for diabetes?
Ajwain honey is derived by placing bee colonies among Ajwain flowers and extracting the nectar accumulated by the bee’s. Contrary to popular belief, it is not made when the Ajwain flavour is added to regular honey that is sold in the marketplace. Since it is directly extracted from the Ajwain flower, Ajwain honey contains all the goodness that the flower and seeds possess, and contributes towards the wellness of the consumers.
Ajwain honey consists of Omega 6 fatty acids in high quantity which can be monumental in reducing the risk of heart disease, lowering cholesterol levels, and reducing diabetes in patients. This honey can be put to use by using it in tea/hot water for cold relief, on bruises for healing, and in the majority of the sweets for diabetic people.
So, without further ado, let’s learn about the benefits of Ajwain honey for diabetes!
Ajwain honey for diabetes!
Ajwain honey is extremely effectual for diabetic people as the honey is rich in fiber, contains vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. It has anti-inflammatory properties, boosts metabolism and increases immunity, and can hugely aid weight loss. The high fiber content in Ajwain helps stabilise blood sugar levels and effectively control diabetes. The weight loss property of this honey could also tremendously helpful in maintaining one’s sugar level and pulling the strings on diabetes.
Diabetic people mostly are worried about whether they should be consuming honey, and even if they can, they are unsure about the limit to which they can consume it without spiking their blood sugar levels. Since honey is a natural sugar and contains carbohydrates, it will without a doubt affect the blood sugar level in some way. Honey is dense in nutrients and doesn’t go through the intense refining that sugar does, hence honey is healthier than refined sugar for diabetic people.
Studies that show that consuming honey for diabetes is a great idea!
According to a 2004 study, people with diabetes type 1 were assessed before and after they had consumed honey. Within the first few minutes of consuming the honey, there was an initial spike in blood sugar levels. But after 2 hours, it was noticed that there was a significant decrease in sugar levels and remained lower for a few more hours. The researchers believed that honey, unlike sugar can increase the production of insulin, hence leading to more control over blood sugar levels. This is why many healthcare professionals recommend having honey for diabetes.
Healthline claimed that in a study of 50 people with type 1 diabetes and 30 people without type 1 diabetes, researchers found that, compared to sugar, honey had a lower glycemic effect on all participants. It also raised their levels of C-peptide, a substance released into the bloodstream when the body produces insulin. A normal level of C-peptide means the body is making sufficient insulin. More studies are going on to determine whether honey can be used for the prevention and treatment of diabetes. However, going by current studies, it’s a good ideal to consume honey for diabetes.
Other benefits of Ajwain honey
There are multiple benefits of consuming Ajwain honey, some of which are –
- In case of stomach congestion or infection, consuming one or half a spoon of Ajwain honey would give you instant relief and put that grumbling stomach to sleep.
- Winter is here. And that means regular trips to cold and throat pain land, but this can be avoided by adding one spoon of Ajwain honey into your morning green tea or hot lime water.
- This lockdown got all of us sticking to our beds and couches. That shouldn’t stop us from being the life of the party. One shot of Ajwain honey and provides instant energy and strengthens immunity.
- Tired of not being able to lose your belly fat or just weight in general? Just indulge yourself in one hot cup of water with a dash of lime and honey in it. Take this concoction first thing in the morning and you are good to go.
- Kids running around and tripping over the carpet or literally every single object around are prone to bruises and bleeding. An instant medication for this would be applying a dab of honey in the affected area and it gives instant relief.
If you’re still wondering whether you should have Ajwain honey for diabetes, note that honey is naturally a healthier option than refined sugar. It is also known that the former can be a lot sweeter than sugar. Therefore, being mindful about the intake of honey is extremely essential. Contact your physician and find out how much honey for diabetes is the right amount for you to keep your blood sugar levels in check and in moderation.