How to take honey and cinnamon for weight loss?
If the lockdown and constant binge-eating has left you little more on the obese side and you are back to finding tricks and tips to lose weight, then you might have come across honey in your search. While honey and warm water is the most common suggestion you’ll get, another healthy and effective combination is honey and cinnamon. Many experts recommend taking cinnamon and honey for weight loss and we’re here to tell you why.
It won’t show results overnight but when combined with proper exercise and a healthy diet, can help speed up your weight loss journey!
Benefits of Honey and Cinnamon
Honey has been a part of several home remedies and yummy recipes for centuries now. Be it cooking, baking or treating bad throat, honey has a key role to play due to its medicinal properties and sweet taste. It has a low pH and is believed to prevent microbial and bacterial infections and acts a healthier alternative to sugar.
Cinnamon is a spice that can be found in every other Indian household. This spice comes from the bark of the Cinnamomum tree. You can either get it in the form of sticks, powder or as an extract. It is a known cure for inflammation, neurodegenerative diseases and also aids in slowing down the reproduction of cancer cells.
While honey and cinnamon have their own medicinal benefits, the combination is used in several Indian households for treating acne, burns, and boosting immunity.
Does taking cinnamon and honey for weight loss work?
You may have tons of weight loss tricks up your sleeve but the honey and cinnamon can significantly speed up your weight loss journey. If you are planning to modify your diet, but are hesitant to go all out at once, then you can start with small changes and make them into daily habits. Honey and cinnamon can easily fit into your diet and routine and won’t require much effort or have harmful side effects.
Here are some of the reasons why you should try cinnamon and honey for weight loss:
- The combination helps in lowering blood sugar and cholesterol level which keeps food cravings at bay so you don’t find yourself binge-eating every now and then. This is one of the biggest reasons to try cinnamon and honey for weight loss.
- It helps keep your digestive tracts free from bacteria and germs, which aids in better digestion.
- The combination is also considered as a great immunity booster which helps burn calories faster. This calorie-burning property is why people recommend cinnamon and honey for weight loss.
- They are packed with nutrients and fiber, which are an important part of the diet. Fibre helps clear the digestive track faster and can prevent bloating. It can also prevent the accumulation of unhealthy fats.
- Adding to the previous point, an improved digestive system also means reduced gastric issues so you feel less bloated and can be more active while working out.
Ways to Include cinnamon and honey for weight loss in your diet
If all the information above has encouraged you to include honey and cinnamon in your diet, then here are some tips and easy ways you can mix them up and savour the drink everyday.
Making a honey and cinnamon drink is quite easy and won’t take much time. All you need is a glass of water, one-part cinnamon and two parts honey. You can also add honey after you have heated the water so you can retain most of the nutrient of honey. Another thing you need to keep in mind is that if you are planning to consume cinnamon regularly for several months, then purchase Ceylon cinnamon for this purpose as it is pure and healthier. This drink not only lowers your sugar cravings (thanks to honey) but also ensures that your digestive system is working well throughout the day.
Additional tip for having cinnamon and honey for weight loss: It can also be mixed into your morning green tea alongside lemon. It not only gives you a fresh start but also reduces hunger pangs and keeps you active and energetic throughout the day!
When to take cinnamon and honey for weight loss?
While the best time have cinnamon and honey for weight loss in the morning, so that your body absorbs all the nutrients. Here are some other times you can drink cinnamon and honey for weight loss:
- Before workouts: Honey and cinnamon will give you the energy boost needed during workouts and also increase the metabolic rate which can enhance the effects of the workout.
- After meals: Consuming honey and cinnamon drinks after a heavy meal can reduce sugar cravings (hence saving you from high-calorie desserts!) and also keep the digestive system in check and gastric issues at bay.
- Before sleeping: Another sweet way to end your day, is to drink this before you go to sleep. It is a better alternative and ensures proper working of the digestive system and prevents the cravings so you don’t go looking for ice cream in the middle of the night!