How do Turmeric, Lemon and Honey help your Face?
You do not have to rely on high-end beauty products all the time to get flawless skin, as there are enough elements in nature that can do the job for you. Turmeric, honey and lemon are three such food items that have a wide array of benefits that can help in improving the health of your facial skin. This is exactly why combining all three to form a honey turmeric lemon face mask can be a game changer.
Through this post, we will give you details about how each of the ingredients in the honey turmeric and lemon face mask benefits you in its own way, and how you can make this face mask at your home with ease.
What are the benefits of using honey on your face?
Raw and organic honey is filled with health benefits. It helps with digestion, low blood sugar levels, weight loss and more. Here, we will be specifically talking about how honey improves the health of the skin.
- Reduces inflammation and skin irritation - Honey has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, making it ideal to treat inflammation and skin irritation. Furthermore, the polyphenol compounds present in honey act as antioxidants, which play a significant role in reducing skin irritation by fighting the free radicals.
- Reduces pimples – Honey can be used to reduce pimples, as its antibacterial powers can kill the bacteria on and within the epidermis. Moreover, it helps in reducing breakouts to give you a spotless skin. This is one of the major contributions of honey in the honey lemon turmeric face mask.
- Exfoliates your skin – Honey has an abundance of natural enzymes that can actually remove the dead skin cells off your face. Using a natural exfoliator than a chemical-based one is the better option any day.
- Helps retain water – Another important reason why honey should be part of your lemon honey turmeric face pack is that it helps the top layer of your facial skin retain more water than otherwise. This is absolutely crucial in keeping the skin healthy and preventing it from getting dried on the outside. Therefore, people with dry skin should definitely use this face mask.
What are the benefits of using turmeric on your face?
Turmeric is powered by a special ingredient called curcumin, and it has some serious anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, which makes turmeric an essential part of the turmeric lemon and honey face mask. Let us look at some of the top benefits that turmeric brings to the table.
- Removes blemishes – Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric helps remove the blemishes and dark spots on your facial skin. If you use the turmeric powder honey and lemon face mask around 3 times a week, you will be able to see a noticeable difference with respect to this.
- Reduces acne – Adding turmeric in your face mask can help reduce acne, as it reduces inflammation and improves blood circulation. As a result, you should be able to see a considerable drop in the appearance of acne within a couple of weeks.
- Helps with wounds – If you have suffered from a minor facial wound, applying turmeric on it can accelerate the healing process, thanks to the antiseptic properties. However, if it is a deep cut then you must not use this to alleviate the conditions.
- Reduces effects of skin conditions – Turmeric has the power to reduce the effects of skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, scabies, alopecia and others.
- Brings out the natural glow – The anti-inflammatory properties come to the fore once again to provide lustre and natural glow to your facial skin. To improve the efficacy on this front, you can add a tablespoon of plain yogurt in the mix while making the face mask.
What are the benefits of using lemon on your face?
Lemon juice is one of the best natural cleansers out there. Rich in Vitamin C, lemon helps to fight off the toxins in the blood, which helps in making your skin radiant and clear.
- Reduces oil – If you have an oily skin, then using this lemon honey and turmeric face mask can help you reduce its effects. Lemon has a high pH level, and thereby has astringent qualities. It can reduce the oil from your facial skin, making it ideal for people who usually have a greasy facial texture.
- Prevents premature ageing – The pollutants in the air can cause serious damage on your facial skin, leading to premature ageing. Fine lines and wrinkles start coming up, and using a lemon honey turmeric face mask can potentially stop this from happening. Vitamin C in the lemon juice is an antioxidant, and it can help slow down this process.
- Treats fungal infections – Lemon has antifungal properties, which comes in handy to treat fungal infections on skin. Several studies have shown how lemon has the ability to kill Candida fungus strains that occur on skin at times.
- Lightens the skin – Another one of the top honey lemon turmeric face mask benefits is that it helps to lighten the skin tone. Lemon plays a crucial role in reducing the marks of acne, dark spots and age spots. As a result, you get an even and brighter skin tone to give your face a fresher look.
Now that you know the incredible benefits of turmeric, honey and lemon for face, let us tell you how you can combine all three to make a really potent face mask.
How to make the honey turmeric and lemon face mask?
Since all three ingredients of honey, lemon and turmeric for face mask are easily available in most Indian households, you can easily make this at your home. Here are the simple directions on how to use honey, turmeric and lemon for face.
- Take a small bowl to mix all the ingredients.
- Add a tablespoon of honey in it.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice in it.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric in it.
- Mix it well to form a viscous paste.
- Apply it on your face, and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse this face mask off.
To truly enjoy the benefits of turmeric, honey and lemon face mask, you need to use this on a regular basis. During summers, adding a teaspoon of yogurt to the mix will be beneficial, particularly in retaining water in the epidermis and giving the natural glow to the skin.
Things to keep in mind before using honey turmeric lemon as face mask
Just because you are using natural ingredients like turmeric lemon and honey for this face mask, it does not mean they do not have any side effects. Therefore, you should consult your dermatologist before deciding on using this face mask, and also to get an idea about the proportions of each ingredient to be used. Following are some of the side effects that you need to be careful about:
- Since lemon is acidic, it can cause skin irritation on some types of skin. People with sensitive skin must not use this face mask excessively.
- If you have applied the face mask, then you should not expose it to the sunlight, as it can cause swelling and redness in some cases.
- Excessive use of lemon juice in the mask can cause a skin condition called Vitiligo, which causes big white spots on the skin.
- Certain strains of honey can cause allergies to some people, so it is advisable to use a patch of this face mask on your arm first as a test. Once you wash it off, wait for 24 hours to see any symptoms.
- If you are allergic to turmeric, then you should not use this face mask, as it can cause rashes, redness and even swelling in some causes.
Frequently Asked Questions about this Honey, Turmeric and Lemon Face Mask
- How can turmeric, lemon and honey help your face?
Turmeric, lemon and honey are natural ingredients that are rich in anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which help them to provide a bunch of health benefits to your face. A face mask combining all three ingredients helps in reducing scars, acnes, wrinkles, dark and white spots, fighting off bacterial infections, healing minor wounds and bringing glow to the skin.
- Is the Lemon, Honey and Turmeric face mask good for skin whitening?
Yes, it is good for skin whitening, as all its ingredients have cleansing properties to reduce the effects of scars, acnes and blackheads. Moreover, the face mask is good to reduce tanning as well, thereby helping with skin whitening or brightening.
- Can I use the Turmeric, Lemon and Honey face mask every day?
Since the pH level of this face mask is on a higher side, using it daily would not be a great idea. Instead, using it 2-3 times a week would give you the ideal results, without any causing side effects.
If you are looking to buy the best possible organic honey to make this face mask, Eiwa Honey is the best place for it. Order it online, and we will deliver pure honey at your doorstep in quick time.