Benefits of Sidr honey for Diabetes
Honey has been in use for medicinal and beauty purposes from ancient times. It possesses remarkable properties of healing and elimination of infectious diseases. Our ancestors and experts have regarded honey to be sweet liquid gold because of this.
There is a wide variety of honey across the globe. But, Sidr honey is the most distinctive honey in the world. It is obtained from the woods of Yemen from the sacred Sidr tree and the honey bees which produce Sidr honey solely depend on the nectar of these trees. This is the most expensive and rarest form of honey across the globe as the honey is rich in anti-infective properties and has an exquisite taste. It is light golden in colour and it darkens and turns reddish over time.
Why Sidr honey?
Yemeni Sidr honey is collected from the nectar of flowers of a sacred tree named Sidr Lote tree. It has different names in different countries. The Yemeni beekeepers are still inclined towards the traditional ways of honey collecting and that’s why no chemicals are mixed in the final product. At Eiwahoney, we go a step further and ensure that honey is extracted in an automated fashion to ensure zero tampering, as well as enough fodder for the bees.
Sidr honey is a proven medicine for stomach pains, infections, cancer, digestive problems, skin problems and more. If you have a disease like diabetes and you’re thinking about what to use as a sweetener, then Sidr honey is the best option. A tablespoon of sidr honey contains only 60 calories and 82 grams of carbs which is slightly more than that in table sugar. You can substitute other sweeteners with this honey.
What exactly is Diabetes?
The disease diabetes occurs when the blood glucose or blood sugar levels increase in your body. In this disease the body is not able to process the food properly to use it as energy. Most of the food we eat is used as an energy source by turning into glucose. The pancreas secretes insulin named hormones to help the glucose get into our cells. When you have diabetes, your pancreas either does not secrete enough insulin or the insulin cannot be used as it should be. This raises the sugar level in your blood.
The general symptoms of diabetes include increased hunger, increased thirst, weight loss, frequent urination, blurry vision and sores that don’t heal. A diabetic man may have decreased sex drive and poor muscular strength. Whereas, women having diabetes may have urinary tract infection or yeast infections.
Now that you know about diabetes, its time to find out why you should have Sidr honey for Diabetes.
The beneficial effects of Sidr honey for diabetes:
- Many people recommend taking Sidr honey for Diabetes as it not only helps in controlling glycemia, but it also helps in improving the associated metabolic problems.
- Studies conducted offer the benefits of Sidr honey for diabetes have noted an increase the level of insulin and decrease in hyperglycemia and fructosamine. Another reason why experts recommend Sidr honey for diabetes is because it lowers down the blood sugar level. The honey also reduces the increased levels of creatinine, bilirubin and cholesterol.
- The Sidr honey is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. A higher number of antioxidants helps to improve the metabolisation of sugar in your body. Moreover, the body stops responding to insulin due to inflammation. The anti-inflammatory properties present in honey reduce diabetic complications, which is why you should have Sidr honey for diabetes.
- The hypoglycemic effect of honey might be helpful to protect the pancreas - a very important organ which produces two glucose-regulating hormones - insulin and glucagon, against oxidative stress.
- Sidr honey has more calories than sugar.
On the other hand, Sidr honey is the purest form of honey. Also, it has a lower glycemic index and energetic value. Moreover, the amount of fructose present in honey plays a vital role in the storage of glucose as glycogen by the liver.
- As is the case with everyone who has diabetes, management of wound healing must be taken care of properly. The wounds of a diabetic person are different from normal wounds. They take a lot of time in healing or don’t heal at all.
Sidr Honey, due to its antibacterial properties, is used as medicine for these wounds. This is because of the presence of acidic pH, osmotic effect, and nitric oxide.
It has been proven from experimental studies that taking Sidr honey for diabetes can benefit people greatly. It can delimit severe metabolic disorders and protect other organs from other diabetic complications. Honey improves heart health, wound healing and blood oxidant status.
It is a safe natural sweetener and is considered to be a good therapy. It is an excellent alternative to sugar in the efforts of boosting the immune system and stabilising blood sugars. It also helps in reducing lipid abnormalities and conditions like obesity.Sidr honey is very beneficial and it must be used to substitute sugar. So, immediately substitute your other sweetener with Eiwahoney’s Sidr honey for diabetes treatment.