5 Honey recipes that can help calm anxiety
Anxiety is a feeling of unrest that one experiences because of worry or fear, when faced with a stressful event. The intensity of the same can be mild or severe. Moreover, it could be short-term and long-term. Most people experience anxiety in their lives, in situations like a job interview, meeting new people, starting a challenging thing and more. However, if this sensation comes on a regular basis, then you need to get it under control.
One of the best ways to do this is to include honey in your diet. Be it a severe or mild case, honey for anxiety is an effective solution. Psychiatrists and nutritionists recommend honey for anxiety disorder as well, when consumed in the right manner and for a long time. This makes honey and anxiety a perfect match for many people who suffer from regular anxiety attacks.
Is honey good for anxiety attacks?
Yes, honey is a good source of food item to consume, in order to reduce anxiety. Honey contains antioxidant flavonoids like gallic acid and chrysin, which have anxiolytic properties. As a result, when consumed in the right quantity, it can reduce the effects anxiety attacks in the long run. One of the best ways to consume honey for anxiety is to mix it with another food item so that you can enjoy the benefits of both. For this, the best food items are the ones that show anti-oxidant properties, which have a calming effect on us. To help you find the right recipes, we have curated a list of 5 honey recipes that can help calm anxiety attack.
Honey and Orange Juice
- Juice an orange and mix it with water.
- Add one tsp of honey (adjust according to your taste) to the juice and mix it till it dissolves.
- Note that it takes time to completely dissolve honey. Do not use hot water to speed up the dissolving process, as high temperature of water can ruin the medicinal benefits of honey.
- Juice a lemon and add water to make lemonade. You can either use salt or sugar according to your preference.
- Add a tsp of honey and mix it till it dissolves completely before drinking.
Honey and Cinnamon
- Mix honey and cinnamon in the ratio of 2:1 and dissolve it in a glass of water.
- Make sure that you only use lukewarm water and not hot water for this.
Dark leafy vegetable salad tossed with honey
- Pick the leafy veggies you wish to have. Broccoli, kale, spinach and beets are some of the best options you can try.
- Mix everything in equal proportions. You can add berries, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds as well to make it more nutritious.
- Add a tbsp of honey in the salad and toss the veggies thoroughly.
Honey and Dark Chocolate
- Melt 2 tbsp of cacao butter over a double boiler (50°C) before transferring it to a bowl of room temperature.
- Add 3.5 tbsp cacao powder and 1tbsp of raw honey. Note that you can use cocoa powder as well if you are looking for a cheaper option.
- Add ¼ tsp of vanilla extract to the mix and beat it vigorously.
- Pour it in the chocolate mould and leave it in the fridge till it is hardened. You will have your honey-based 84% dark chocolate ready.
Is honey and lemon good for anxiety?
The combination of lemon and honey for anxiety has been found to be fruitful over the years. Since lemon juice is good to lower blood pressure, it automatically helps in reducing stress and anxiety. Moreover, with honey’s antioxidant effects, this is something which should be consumed regularly to curb down anxiousness. Make sure you consume lemonade with honey for anxiety on a daily basis to see the best results.
Is honey and cinnamon good for anxiety?
Cinnamon is a food item that not only has anti-inflammatory benefits but is also good to keep the blood sugar levels stable and lower the blood pressure. Irregular insulin level in blood and high blood pressure are two of the most common causes of anxiety in many people. Therefore, cinnamon is something that should definitely be consumed to reduce the effects of anxiety. Add to this the antioxidant properties of honey for anxiety, and you will have a combination that will give you great results. Honey, with its ability to maintain insulin levels in blood, again does a good job to curb anxiety. Therefore, you should definitely consume honey and cinnamon with warm water every day.
What is best honey for anxiety?
It is always advisable to consume high-quality raw honey to enjoy its maximum benefits. It is important to make sure that you get honey from reliable sources that do not use add any preservatives or sweeteners. To buy the best honey for anxiety, get in touch with Eiwa Honey.